Monday, August 21, 2017

Bros before Bows

Happy Eclipse day!

I hope you have your safety eye wear & a good view today!

I'm bringing you a fun little page I made of my boys. Do you ever use color schemes that you love to wear to inspire your page?

I'm super into a cream, black and army green  look right now, so obvs I dress my boys in the same, and I let their clothes inspire the layout.


I just can't be onboard with the lights, brights, pastels with a plain white background all the time. It's beautiful and I admire it, but this page is so me.

I matted the page with an olive green, and the newspaper page is a vellum, which I overlaid on a white cardstock.


I used some random pieces of cardstock from my stash for the layering pieces. This die cut piece is one of a pack of Heidi Swapp "decorate paper" I got on clearance from Joann and hoard because I love them so much!


I stamped the bear on textured cardstock then embossed with the same olive green for a tone on tone that turned out fun!

I love throwing in the pops of black to offset the cream and green.


As usual with my boys, I can never pick just one of the multiple photos it requires to get them in a good pic together. So I used all of my favorites!


That's a baby finger pointing to his brother and saying "Heath? Heath?"  Haha, he awoke naptime a little too early for me to complete this process alone.

Those gold glitter pieces were put in tie together the title, which I found in my favorite way of coming up with fun title - searching pinterest for toddler tshirt ideas!


My oldest may not agree, seeing as how his bff is a big wearer of bows, but I do hope they will make this a mantra at some point! LOL

Supplies:
Green cardstock - DCWV Adventurer
Newspaper vellum - K & Company
Black doily - Joann
Green checked paper - the Paper Studio
Map paper, black/cream chevron, and black tag - Studio Calico
Die cut paper - Heidi Swapp
Bear stamp - Hampton art
Heart stamp - Ink Road Stamps
Key - Joanns
Bros and Bows alphas - thickers
Washi - Recollections by Michaels

I had so much fun creating this page! I hope it inspires!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment