Saturday, July 08, 2017

Christmas Cuties

It's the best day of the week, y'all! Happy Saturday!

Today I have another Scrappy Christmas in July page for you. I've really been feeling some 8.5x11 pages lately.

Actually though, the struggle was real with this page. It did not begin by looking ANYTHING like it ended up, which is a good thing! I think it got me out of a scrappy funk, however, so that's great.

The entire page started out as a kraft background. I painted in gold through a wood grain stencil and embossed it with gold, which I ended up loving. But the red, gold and black splatter I attempted were just not working out. So I made an executive decision to just use a bit of the embossed portion as an additional layering piece for my photo on a white background - best. decision. EVER!


I super love how the page turned out after I switched my plan. I used a combination of washi, paper strips, word stickeres and ribbon for the middle strip layer.


Don't even get me started on the difficulties I had cutting these letters with adhesive backing. I would have been better off gluing these skinny little words. I'm tellin' ya, y'all. The struggle has been real in my scrappy world the past couple of days!


I had to work for this one, but I"m super happy how it turned out. I hope you're enjoying some Scrappy Christmas in July inspiration, and definitely search out the hashtag on Instagram too.

Supplies:
Black & gold background paper - Mambi by Me and My Big Ideas
Wood stencil - Prima
Red layering papers - American Crafts
Gold tab paper - Project Life
Typewriter strips - Tim Holtz
Gold glitter tag - Crate Paper
Chipboard stickers - Me and My Big Ideas
Doily - Recollections by Michaels



Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment