Friday, June 16, 2017

Cool Pool Dude - a SID sketch

It's Fri-YAY!

I hope you are planning a relaxing, Father-lovin' weekend.

I'm bringing you another cruise vacation layout today using an awesome sketch from the wonderful Stick It Down blog.


Here is the original sketch:


I had so much fun with this!

I loved how the paper seemed to fade on the original sketch, so I tried to recreate that a bit.]

I gessoed my patterned white paper in a faded way and placed a transparency over the gessoed portion. Then I used gesso again along the seam and used HS Metallic Texture paste with a triangle pattern (to match the boy's bathing suit). I love how it turned out!



I've been working on remembering my pop dots lately!



I also used this fab mood board from my Paper Issues friends:


I just loved how BRIGHT it is, so I totally went with it with this pink/orange paper I've been hoarding for years. I was also influence by the popsicles, our current family obsession!


He is such a cool pool dude! :)

and we for sure had


Thanks for looking!!

Supplies:

Pink/orange paper - Doodlebug
Diamond paper - Pink Paislee
transparency paper - American Crafts
Ephemera -  Pebbles
Chipboard - me and my big ideas
Texture Paste and stencil - Heidi Swapp
Green alphas - Amy Tangerine
Yellow alphas - Fancy Pants
dude alphas - Sassafrass
Pink cloud sticker - Studio Calico




4 comments:

  1. Lots of bold and bright colors. Thanks for joining us over at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing artwork! Love the colors and the photos :) Thank you for plaing with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colourful page. THanks for joining us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and summery! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete