Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Good Dad - a MTW challenge

Happy Hump Day, friends!

Today, I'm bringing you a layout I created for this month's main challenge over at the More Than Words blog. I always love their challenges & participants - using multimedia is still new to me & very exciting!

This month's challenge played off of the Father's Day holiday & challenged us to use the word Father with the theme of steampunk. So fun!  Here is the layout I created:


I super love combining blue & copper! I busted out these little gears I had for the steampunk portion of the challenge.


I used some liquid water colors I had to create the blue background with black splatters. Then I used black, metallic texture paste to do a tiny bit of woodgrain stencil.


I also used this compass stamp. The background actually, coincidently replicates my husband's tattoo! It was a total accident really, but probably I subconsciously did it. His tat is a black compass with blue water colors splattered about. Ha!


I subscribe to the Cocoa Daisy daisydori kit every month & she always includes a cute little thank you card. I used one to put my journaling on and tucked it behind the popped up photo.


This was a fun color scheme, although I have about exhausted all my stash papers in this family.


This is a shot of the hidden journaling card pulled out to read.


 I feel like hot air balloons fall in the steampunk category somewhere.


I basically hoard these few pieces of Studio Calico paper I have that say different names for Dad! They have really come in handy for this dude.

I echoed the compass with some more gears above my title.



I had sooo much fun creating this fun layout - especially the mixed media background! It never hurts when I'm scrapping my three favorite subjects.

Supplies:
Blue checkered cardstock - WRMK
Dad paper - Studio Calico
Blue/gray paper - Heidi Swapp
Stamp - Prima
Stencil - Prima
Texture Paste - Heidi Swapp
Blue alphas - Fancy Pants
white alphas - American Crafs
foiled vellum - Studio Calico
Thank you card tag - Cocoa Daisy
Small stickers - Webster's Pages

Thanks for looking!!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely take on the Challenge Natalie. So glad to hear that you are enjoying our challenges and playing with Mix Media. Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the challenge, so soft and at the same time, we can see the theme!!! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely take on our challenge this month! Such a great photo! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete