Monday, May 15, 2017

My Besties - GDT for Stuck?!

Hey hey hey!

I'm so excited to be the guest designer for this month's second sketch over at Stuck?! sketches. I love all of Laura's sketches, and I use them outside of challenges - they're so wonderful! The sketch today is no different!

I wanted to try something a little new today, so I created a monochromatic layout with only white papers and embellishments. I really like how it has turned out. I must say it is difficult to translate into a photo, a bit, but I tried!

I used some white wood grain bits, some laser cut flower paper, and a few other white lightly patterned papers.

Here is the original sketch:


They're always so great!

Also, I cannot get enough of these little Tim Holtz labels!


The sequins are all tones of white, but the iridescence showed up purple on the photos. There are splatters below the layers on the sketch. For my splatters, I splattered white Heidi Swapp Shine and then sprinkled iridescent embossing powder to compliment the sequins before it dried!



I sprayed the laser cut paper with white Shine, but it still had a tint, but that was fine since my flowers had a little  bit of a gold tint as well.



I just topped it off with a tag and a feather, nbd.



We actually don't take a lot of wonderful photos together, so this one that turned out great of the besties and myself had to be scrapped!

I loved being GDT for Stuck?! today! I hope you will go play along!



Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

  1. Your page is stunning, so glad you joined us as our guest!

    ReplyDelete