Friday, April 07, 2017

Magic on Main Street - A Process Video

Hey everyone!

Today I'm bringing you a fun Disney page I created with Simple Stories Say Cheese III.

I've been doing a lot of work for design teams or design team applications, and I just wanted to sit down and work on something solely for myself - it felt good!


I have been seeing more and more dark backgrounds, which I love. While I definitely see the pleasure and aesthetic of a white/light background, it is overdone IMO. I get so excited when I see my favorite designers post a darker page on IG!

I wanted to use my new castle stencil and RED, and I thought it would stand out well on black.


I also added red embossing powder and glitter. On the video you cannot tell the effect, but you can see it nicely in the photos.


I have to remind myself that I buy these ephemera packs to use - not hoard! I have been doing more intentional buying, not just of clearance items and hoping to use them - hoping to really make only pages I adore.


Sewing on a layout adds an element I believe that looks it took longer to complete a page than it actually did! Like you do a lot of extra work. There I have a custom embellishment cluster from sewing together a few ephemera from the collection.



While I have been buying more intentionally,  I make exception for Thickers found at Tuesday Morning! You can never have too many Thickers! I was excited to use these for the first time - black foam sparkles!


The little frame is from an older Say Cheese collection.


I love how it turned out & I hope you enjoy the YouTube process video!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment