Thursday, March 23, 2017

Lil Stinker - a Stuck?! sketch

I'm definitely not caught up on 2016 or anything, but I'm trying to stay fairly up-to-date in 2017 too, so today's page has super recent photos of my little guy from this week!

I used a wonderful sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.


Here's the original sketch, which I rotated:


I was reflecting today, and I thought that this time last year, I probably would not have added any of the mixed media elements I put on this page. It's nice to evolve your style.


I inked the rim of  a plastic cup and the rim of my shine top for the circles, and I splattered some blue, Heidi Swapp shine.


I used some orange tulle to add some texture behind my photo row, then layered circles.


I used papers from a Heidi Swapp paper pad I found the other day at Tuesday Morning. These American Crafts Thickers I had in my stash just happened to go quite well with the HS paper.


I fussy cut some bits from the paper pad and used some puffy Studio Calico stickers from my stash.


I inked all the bits with navy blue and added a few rain dotes & boom done. It was a fair quick little page & I had a lot of fun creating it. I always love Laura's sketches from Stuck?!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous layers and darling photos! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page! I love the polka dot background and the super cute photos! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photos which just pop on the polka dot paper. Lovely work. Thank you for joining us at Stuck? Sketches!

    ReplyDelete