Monday, February 27, 2017

Simple Stories layouts!

Happy Monday, friends!

Today I'm bringing you part of a project I've been pouring my heart into - my submissions for the Simple Stories Design Team application.

I love Simple Stories brand - my favorite being the Say Cheese collection, of course. I completed an entire Disney album almost exclusively with this line. Unfortunately, our local craft stores do not carry much of any of the larger brands... but I recently found some of their Life in Color line & I love it.

Side Note:  I recently purged a ton of my scrapbook paper and stickers - some probably from about 10 to 15 years ago!? This and working with these products that all go together well and I love got me to seriously consider buying more of my supplies online. I'm definitely going to be more intentional in my crafty buying, instead of picking up just clearance that I end up never or only half-heartedly using!

So back to the matter at hand - my Life in Color layouts! I am pretty proud of them & the subjects couldn't be cuter, if I say so myself! ;-) I made them too - haha!


I wanted the striped background to show diagonally from behind. And boy did I have a fit with my sewing machine the day I did this page, but it's back in working order now! I had fun using it to create these little embellishment clusters. I fussy cut some flowers and circles, as well as used ephemera from the SN@P! pack. The yellow bits are pieces of embroidery thread tied around the cut file.


My little angel boy looked like he was giving a piece sign, so I used this great cut file from Paper Issues and altered it to a peace sign.


I am all about the puffy alphas lately! I especially love these green ones from Amy Tan I scored at Tuesday Morning recently.



I also created a corresponding pocket page because we took another round of photos one morning & they just cracked me up!


I am loving how the colors worked out so well with what they just happened to be wearing to school that day. I feel like this page is pretty clean & simple, and  had fun creating it. I really like the diagonal cards. I also like how the journaling card has a place to record the date, it was perfect to tell the story of their "Olan Mills" photo haha!

Supplies - basically almost all Simple Storys Life in Color!

Please say a little prayer for me as I perfect my application for submission today! It would be a dream come true to work with such an amazing company.

Stay tuned for some Disney pages tomorrow!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment