Monday, January 16, 2017

Heal - a LM challenge

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. day, friends!

I hope you get to enjoy a lovely day off of work, as I do. If not, I hope you have a nice Monday, and I'm sorry!

This week, we have another stash-busting challenge for you over at Lasting Memories. This week's challenge is to bust out some ribbon, washi tape or paper strips & use them on your scrapbook page. I used ribbon and a tiny bit of washi on my layout of my great-grandmother & my babe last year. This was just a few weeks after my grandmother passed, her daughter, and isn't it so true how those sweet baby smiles and snuggles and help with our healing?! I sure know it helped me, and I was so happy that he made her smile.


I was really feeling texture and depth here, so there is quite a bit popping off the page. I bunched up the gray lace ribbon to give more oomphf.


All of Crate Papers' lines go together fairly well, I believe, so this flower ephemera from Maggie paired well with Lizzy's papers.


These gold glitter Thickers are to die for - I think (hope) I bought two packs when I happened upon them at Tuesday Morning a few weeks back.

I added the red twine to help the reds in the papers pop & tie together. I push some washi under the title to make it stand out better too and add another layer.

Supplies:
Paper - Dear Lizzy Documenter (I think that's the name)
Alphas - Thickers by American Crafts
Tickets - Studio Calico
Twine - Michael's
Flower ephemera - Crate Paper

Thanks for looking & I really hope you will play along with our challenge this week at Lasting Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment