Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Go on a Journey - a Scrapbook Circle Sketch

Today I'm bringing you a campking/kayaking layout I created with a sketch from Scrapbook Circle.


Here is the original sketch:


This layout was also created with the lovely prompts from Picture This, use a male in your life & tell a story about him through your layout, and Paper Issue's issue of the Unbeleafable Outdoors! These are my boys & we LOVE to be outdoors. This is from a camping trip.

I really love the Echo Park Happy Camper collection, and I have been saving it for this camping trip we took! This was my boy's first time in the kayak. So fun!


I got this little saying from Crate Paper's Instagram feed a while ago. I just screen shot it and printed it with my other photos.


I layered the title veneer under the transparent letters for a little dimension. Man, kayaking around Reelfoot Lake was so super fun - it's an amazing park. These cypress trees grow up out of the middle of the water and the roots are super cool and creepy. I told my husband I felt like Ariel in the "Kiss the Girl" scene in some of the waterways! haha!


Supplies:
Patterned Paper and camping stickers - Echo Park Happy Camper
Cardstock and geotag brads - The Paper Studio
Cork Stickers - Crate Paper
Vellum, tranparent alpha and wood veneer - Studio Calico

Thanks for looking!!

8 comments:

  1. Great take on the 2 challenges. Your paper definitely matches your story and the moments you are used to share with your boys. Thanks for joining us @PT and feel free to take part in the next challenge......tomorrow! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute photo,love his adventure seems so cool!Love paper stacking and your title.Thank you for joining us at Picture This.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journey theme with your boys in this layout. Nice combination of colors and choice of background papers. Thank you for playing along with us at Picture This! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo and memory for your sons! Love all the small details like the fish and the fishing pole and the title! Thank you for sharing at Picture This and hope you will join in our next fun challenge ( Wish upon a Star) that is going on right now until the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done!Love lots red color and little green color!Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! Such great details and take on the sketch and PT challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boys and adventure, such a perfect mix. Great layout. Thanks for joining in with us at PT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, I like the choice of papers that perfectly fits the theme of your layout! I love that sketch and the way you used it.
    Thanks for playing with us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete