Monday, August 29, 2016

Thank You a Latte - A Happy Mail Flip book

Good Monday, everyone!

Today I'm bringing you a Happy Mail flip book I made for a sweet lady, Jodi. She is part of a Happy Mail group with me on Facebook, and she previously sent me a GORGEOUS flip book as the first happy mail I received in the group.

I made this fall themed coffee book to thank her!


I've really been in a fall mood, and I wanted to make a coffee themed happy mail. Jodi didn't have very many dislikes on her profile, so I really hope she liked it! I'm obsessed with sequins & shaker pockets at the moment, so I had to include one.


I made own envelope in which I put some cork stickers I made. I knew I wanted to sew on the book, because I don't have adhesive strong enough to hold pockets. So I sewed, but I didn't plan for room for taping the book together. So, I made my own orange hole protectors and just punched holes to be tied together with jute and ribbon. I really like how it turned out.


You can see the other side of the shaker pocket here. And the "cup o' Jodi" saying just hit me while I was making the book. Haha! I just had to, it was too perfect. I filled the pocket with some die cuts, a gold photo overlay, a wood grain title, etc. Jodi is a photographer, so I included the little camera clip.


On this page, I used a coffee filter to make a rosette. I put another cork sticker here with a latte die and a little shaker pocket. I also made another pocket to hold some chipboard and a coffee pack. That perky cup was a free cut file, I think from SCT magazine, and it was just perfect!


On the back, I just included a little note in a flip style. I stamped on it and put a sparkle sticker. It could be reused in a pocket page.


I hope that Jodi enjoyed the book I made for her as much as I enjoyed the one she made for me! I had a lot of fun making it. It didn't curb my passion for creating fall things - only encouraged it! :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment