Monday, August 01, 2016

Starting off Sizzlin' Summer!

Happy Monday, all.

Today I have a fun layout using a sketch from Scrapbook Challenges. We're kicking off a Sizzlin' Summer Challenge, and there will be new sketches EVERY WEEKDAY for the next 4 weeks! It sure it keeping me busy & I love it!

Today's layout was created for my December 2015 6x8 mini album. I love that these sketches can be adapted for any size layout quite easily.


I also created a corresponding pocket page opposite the layout. It was for our low-key New Year's Even celebration we had at our house.


Even though our party wasn't super fancy, I love the idea of black and gold for NYE. I recently won a Modern Metallics stack from DCWV and it was so perfect for these pages! Aren't those glitter Thickers to die for?!



Okay, well maybe it was a little fancy. I mean look at that charcuterie! The baby bundle was quite small and definitely unable to spend the night away from me yet, but he was such an angel all night!


I recapped a bit of our 2015 on the pocket pages - it was a good year, as it saw the birth of my little one. I'm trying to keep my 6x8 album light and bright, so tried to keep it simple here.

Supplies:
All papers - DCWV Modern Metallics Stack
Doily - Michael's Recollections
Au Revoir written by my Cricut
Gold Stars - Studio Calico

I hope you all play along with Sizzlin' Summer over Scrapbook Challenges this month. It'll be a blast!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment