Thursday, July 07, 2016

Little Summer JOY - Celebrating Little Things, part II

I am so loving following along with Alexandria's lesson at Little Paper Projects this week.

I've created another traveler's notebook layout to celebrate the little things.

I know it may be a bit strange because we're talking about JOY this summer, and clearly a death is not JOYful, but it's also a part of life. My Nana passed away earlier this year, and her 70th birthday would have been this summer. So I have documented this day. And although I miss her every day, it is joyful in a way, because she no longer suffering and is in a much better place!


You can see that it doesn't hurt my feelings to make two facing pages distinct from one another, as the red, white and blue was not the color choice I wanted to continue to page two of Celebrate the Little Things.

I chose lots of pretty gold - the foil is a bit hard to photograph.

I love how the sun was shining that afternoon - and the pretty yellow flowers are perfect for a summer birthday.


We were joyful that the headstone had actually arrived just that day - celebrating a little thing! After this I took my family to the park and we played and enjoyed each other, just as Nana would've wanted.

I hope you are enjoying documenting your summer with Little Summer JOY! I am loving it and my contribution to the class is coming up next week! Eeek! So excited & a little nervous. I hope you all will enjoy it.

Supplies:
Gold Heart paper & Pink tags - Studio Calico
Solid Gold Foil paper - DCWV

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment