Monday, May 23, 2016

Welcome to Diagon Alley - a SBC sketch

Hullo everyone!

Today we have another fun layout from my birthday trip to Universal Studios and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was so fun! I'm such a HP geek & all the details were just great and like the books.

As guests at one of the Universal Resorts, we were allowed 1 hour early entrance to the HP section of the park. So this photo was taken when hardly anyone was in the park, then we rode the Escape from Gringotts ride without hardly a wait!


I found a fun paper pack from Reminisce (I bought mine on Amazon) with Harry Potter themed papers and a sticker sheet. That's where the brick paper came from.

Here are a couple detail shots


The little calendar I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby, and I love that it has the HP feel, but I could still write just a tiny bit of journaling to tell where we were. I'm planning for a pocket page on the other opening for more details. Pocket pages are not as fun, so I am always later to getting around to making those.

I want to keep with a certain vintage, antique, musty, dusty, distressed theme in my HP pages, so the clusters of objects arose from that idea. I grabbed some fabric, a ripped dictionary page, a glitter tape from an old headband & even the metal wrapping top from a bottle of wine! Haha - sometimes being a pack rack pays off and I finally use all the silly bits I save..

So the paperclips used to hold the clusters together came from my Nana's house when we cleaned out her belongings after she passed earlier this year. The funny thing is that for some reason I remember those triangular paper clips from my childhood. I'm not sure at all why, but I specifically remember her showing them to me and thinking they were neat because they were different. I'm glad I have a few to use in my memory keeping now. :)

Supplies:

Brown cardstock - CraftSmith by Michaels
Brick Paper - Reminisce Wizard101
Kraft Paper - Studio Calico
Orange Cardstock - the Paper Studio
Calendar bit - 7 Gypsies
fonts - dafont.com, written by Cricut
Other bits as listed above

Thank you for looking and go play along at Scrapbook Challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment